As a substitute teacher and in home computer tutor covering Honolulu Hawaii and all of Oahu, I get more experience with Chromebooks that most ITs and computer troubleshooters and tutors. When a student asked me how to remove the virtual keyboard from her Chromebook which appeared every time she clicked on an editable section of her work in Google Classroom, I realized a computer tip was needed for my readers.
- Tap the time in the bottom right corner of your screen where the time is located.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings and tap Advanced.
- In the Accessibility section, tap Manage accessibility features.
- In the Keyboard section, turn off Enable on-screen keyboard. t's a toggle switch just click it.
- Click the X in the top right corner to close the Settings window and save your changes.
Honolulu Hawaii and all of Oahu text or call in home and remote cell phone, tablet and computer tutor and troubleshooter J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc. 808.224.1870 Mainland U.S.A. text only due to time differences.
Some links may be affiliate links which help to support my efforts. They cost you nothing to click on them.