57 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Judges 6:19-23 New International Version (NIV) Gideon  (Read 21064 times)

Offline MobileComputerSupportOahu

• I Can Post
  • Let me take your computer worries away
    • View Profile
    • Honolulu Hawaii and All of Oahu Call or Text 224-1870 In Home Computer Lessons, Tutoring, Teaching, Setup, Repair and Virus Removal Remote Computer Support Website Design and SEO Now Available!
Judges 6:19-23 New International Version (NIV) Gideon
« on: March 29, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »
Scripture

17 Gideon replied, “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me. 18 Please do not go away until I come back and bring my offering and set it before you.”

And the Lord said, “I will wait until you return.”

19 Gideon went inside, prepared a young goat, and from an ephah[a] of flour he made bread without yeast. Putting the meat in a basket and its broth in a pot, he brought them out and offered them to him under the oak.

20 The angel of God said to him, “Take the meat and the unleavened bread, place them on this rock, and pour out the broth.” And Gideon did so. 21 Then the angel of the Lord touched the meat and the unleavened bread with the tip of the staff that was in his hand. Fire flared from the rock, consuming the meat and the bread. And the angel of the Lord disappeared. 22 When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the Lord, he exclaimed, “Alas, Sovereign Lord! I have seen the angel of the Lord face to face!”

23 But the Lord said to him, “Peace! Do not be afraid. You are not going to die.”

Observation

Gideon asked for a sign from God, then feared his own death when God sent him an angel as a sign. He even asked for two more signs later before he believed God had chosen him.

Application

I really don't want to be like that, yet in many ways I am especially when it comes to finances and business. I want to have more faith in my God.

Prayer

Dear Lord, please come into my heart and give me the faith in You I need to thrive and survive. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 22, 2018, 11:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Support Our Efforts

Clickbank Ads